Georgia celebrates Small Business Week
Small Business ROCK STARS announced
More than one million small businesses in Georgia help keep our state economy going strong. They make up 99.8% of all companies located here and employ 1.6 million workers. In celebration of Small Business Week, May 3-8, the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) has announced its 2021 Small Business ROCK STARS. These six companies were chosen for their impactful work in their communities and across the state:
- Region 1: Mama Geraldine’s – Jasper (Pickens County)
- Region 2: Wander North Georgia – Clayton (Rabun County)
- Region 3: Skyfire Consulting – Marietta (Cobb County)
- Region 8: Callaway Blue – Hamilton (Harris County)
- Region 9: Vidalia Apicultural Services & Bee Co. – Lyons (Toombs County)
- Region 10: Pretoria Fields – Albany (Dougherty County)
This year’s winners have fewer than 100 employees, were founded in Georgia and are heavily involved in charitable programs. Videos highlighting the companies and why GDEcD chose them to be 2021 ROCK STARS are available via the following links:
- Mama Geraldine’s: https://youtu.be/iPbgWtmk4RA
- Wander North Georgia: https://youtu.be/7UfSaZxa4aQ
- Skyfire Consulting: https://youtu.be/CZX3rStx23Y
- Callaway Blue: https://youtu.be/fd1glvuBNc4
- Vidalia Apicultural Services & Bee Co.: https://youtu.be/9XfQ5366iGc
- Pretoria Fields: https://youtu.be/HrQ_–2Z9ms
Over the past few years, GDEcD has honored 33 Small Business ROCK STARS from more than 2,000 companies nominated.
If you’re a small business owner – or an aspiring one – be sure to check out the helpful information in Georgia Trend’s 2021 Small Business Guide, available in this month’s magazine.
Photo of the Wander North Georgia team provided by GDEcD.